So since Phineas was born, I’ve not quite found my way back to routine weekly menu planning or early morning waking up before kids to read and pray or well, lots of other regular things. But meal planning is part of my sanity and it really helps for happier weeks around here. People around here like to eat. Every day.
Not planning meals leaves me bored in the kitchen and busts the grocery budget because I end up at the store more often. The combination of stumbling upon Bountiful Baskets for our produce and getting back to planning was a lovely one. I got the ridiculously large basket of produce the day before I do my planning/shopping for the week. It inspired me completely, I just stared at it and imagined all the yumminess it could be made into.
If you are pondering joining a CSA or the like, I say go for it, it might be just the inspiration you need! The great part about getting a produce box is you end up with stuff you might not normally. Which means either waste it or get creative and find new things to make!
Here’s what’s cookin’ this week with our basket foods noted in bold just for fun:
- Chinese Chicken Salad – cabbage, green onion, almonds, chicken, fried maifun noodles (instead of ramen since we’re going gluten-free for two kids)
- Fish and Chips – homemade potato fries and almond-flour-breaded cod (since it was one sale!) with sweet cabbage salad and honeydew melon for dessert
- Enchilada Bake (from the freezer) – with cucumber salad and nectarines
- Chicken gravy and mashed potatoes – with steamed broccoli
- Hamburger Zucchini Stir fry over brown rice
- Korean Eggs rolls (cabbage and veggies)
Should be fun…three of those are new recipes (usually I only try one new one a week) so we’ll see how it goes!